What is online therapy?
Online therapy is very much like traditional therapy with the exception that it is delivered through an online video based platform direct to the comfort of your own space rather than face to face in my practice.
What are the benefits?
The benefits of accessing therapy online are equal to that of face to face therapy, however there are a number of additional benefits including:
- Extra convenience and ease of access. Therapy is accessed directly from your own space meaning no travel is necessary and you can engage in therapy from your own comfortable and familiar surroundings.
- Therapy is delivered at a time, place and pace that suits you.
- You are in control of who knows you are accessing therapy. If you are concerned about others finding out they are in therapy there is no chance that you may be seen entering my practice.
Whilst there are some obvious advantages to all of the above online therapy is not necessarily suited to everyone.
Things you might want to consider when deciding if online therapy will work for you:
- Are you comfortable using internet technology?
- Would you prefer to see me face-to-face?
- Do you feel you can express your feelings effectively using words?
- Do you feel your situation is too complex to discuss via the internet?
- Is there a computer terminal that you can use privately without interruption?
Get in contact on 07946 071 672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have a chat about online therapy or to book your initial session.